What this integration does
The Sakari ActiveCampaign integration allows you to:
- Send text messages from ActiveCampaign automations
- Configure SMS templates, have multiple phone numbers and send MMS (image) text messages
- Send and receive messages from the Sakari mobile app
- Gives visibility of the sent and received text messages inside of ActiveCampaign
- Provides in-depth messaging details on the contact profile
1. Before you get started, please create a new Sakari account (if you haven't already) at https://hub.sakari.io/signup
2. Open ActiveCampaign.
3. Click the Automations button in the left pane of ActiveCampaign.
4. Click the Create an Automation button in the top right.
5. Start a new automation by selecting the Start from Scratch option.
6. Click the Start without Trigger option.
7. Click the CX Apps option and select the Sakari Send an SMS Message via Sakari option.
8. Approve your connection by using your Sakari login credentials created earlier.
9. Once you have your accounts set up, sign in to Sakari and go to Integrations > ActiveCampaign.
10. To retrieve the API Key and API URL, go into your ActiveCampaign account. Find Settings > Developer.
12. In Sakari, open the ActiveCampaign integration under Integrations > ActiveCampaign. Copy and paste the information for the API Key and API URL directly into the proper fields inside of Sakari.
13. Below that, you'll see you have the option to turn on additional functionalities. If you don’t want to turn any of these functionalities on, you can simply click the Save button.
14. To see when a new message is sent TO a contact, you can turn on Timeline Outbound Events. This will allow you to automatically see a note on that specific contact’s profile with the content of the message.
15. You can also turn on Timeline Inbound Events. When this is enabled, any message received FROM a contact is then created as a note for that specific contact in ActiveCampaign. This will contain the content of the message.
16. To track opt-in and opt-out dates and times, turn this option on and you'll receive data directly on the contact’s profile of when they opted-in for text messaging.
17. The last option, Received Message Information, creates seven custom fields for contacts on ActiveCampaign. They provide a little more information on received messages that timeline inbound events don’t provide.
18. Once you've chosen your options, click the blue Save button. This will automatically begin connecting your ActiveCampaign and Sakari account for an initial sync. Once the sync is completed and successful, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Going forward, anytime a contact is added or edited inside of ActiveCampaign, the information will be updated inside of Sakari.
19. You're done- you've completed the full Sakari and ActiveCampaign integration!