- Sakari recommends avoiding using all free URL shorteners when sending your messages.
- Sakari currently has a free shortened URL domain available. However, we strongly recommend you set up a custom domain for sending links/shortened URLs to ensure the highest deliverability.
- Sending links in SMS is not supported on Trial accounts. Please upgrade to a paid Sakari plan.
- There is no charge for creating shortened URL links in Sakari
We recommend that you keep your messages as short as possible. Sakari Shortened URLs are a great way to ensure your links are being sent to customers. Long links and free link shorteners such as bit.ly are prohibited in SMS by carriers.
Sakari Shortened URL links can:
- Save character length in your SMS messages
- Be built into messaging templates
- (With built-in link tracking) Offer insight into when and how many people have opened the link.
From the Inbox
- In the left navigation, select Inbox
- Select your contact and draft your message template
- Click the URL Shortener button
- Name your link and enter your URL
- Click Save and Insert to insert it into your message body.
From the Tools menu
- In the left navigation, select Tools
- click on Link Tracking
- Click Create New Link
- Name your link for reference
- Add the destination URL
- Click Save
Add a shortened URL link to a message
Add your link to your Sakari messages by:
- Copying and pasting the shortened link
- Clicking the URL Shortener button when composing a message in the Inbox
- Clicking the URL Shortener button when composing a message in a Campaign
- Creating a template from a message that contains the link - please see Create a Messaging Template
Link Tracking and Managing Shortened URLs
Please take a look at the following article to understand more about Link Tracking.