You must add the Sakari' Send SMS' action to send an SMS via Sakari as part of a HubSpot workflow. You'll find this action in the choose an action menu under Connected apps:
When you select the action, you'll see the following configuration dialog. You can find out below what each of these fields are for and how to configure them to your needs:
This is the phone number you will send your text message to. You have a few options for this field:
- Mobile Phone Number HubSpot token - this will automatically insert the Mobile Phone Number from the Contact's HubSpot record.
- Phone Number HubSpot token - this will automatically insert the Phone Number from the Contact's HubSpot record
- Hard-coded Phone Number - you can hardcode any phone number into the Sakari Send SMS action. This works well if you want to trigger a text message to a specific person automatically.
You must separate the tokens with a comma to avoid causing errors:
This is the message you will send to the contacts enrolled in the workflow. This can include:
- Static text (e.g. Hello)
- HubSpot contact personalization tokens (e.g. First Name, Company, etc.) These are added by clicking the Contact Token text in the top right of the field box.
- Emojis 👍
- Website Links (including Sakari shortened URLs)
There are two messaging types:
- Marketing - selecting this Messaging Type means an opt-out suffix will be added to end of each SMS sent by the workflow. This suffix is typically "Msg&data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel."
- Transactional - no suffix is added to your message body
Select the type of message you're sending to your contact.
Can I edit the Marketing opt-out suffix?
The opt-out suffix cannot be edited. If you prefer an alternative opt-out suffix, please select a Transactional messaging type. You can manually add your preferred language to your message or use a HubSpot SMS template.
Media (MMS messaging)
The Media field attaches images to your messages (creating MMS messages). The image can be linked in two different ways:
- Hardcoded URL - a hard-coded link to an image URL (e.g. https://sakari.io/wp-content/uploads/sakari-logo-350x100.png)
- HubSpot contact personalization tokens - the token of a property that contains a publicly available image URL
Requirements: Supported image formats are: .jpg, .png, .gif. The recommended image file size is no more than 500kb (up to 600kb for US/CA local phone numbers).
Sakari uses the HubSpot Run As workflow field value to determine which phone number it uses to send the SMS for your workflow. The Run As field must reference the Group containing the phone number you wish to use.
There are three types of reference to a Group that Sakari will recognise:
- A blank value
- The Tag of a phone number Group
- The contact owner token
Please refer to this article for more information on how these work: Run As Workflow Field
Additional Contact Owner Attributes (JSON)
The Additional Contact Owner Attributes field is used to add personalization tokens that are specific to individual contact owners. Please refer to this article for more information on the field: Additional Contact Owner Attributes (JSON)