The HubSpot Integration panel features a setting called Event Notifications.
What does the "Event Notifications" setting do?
Timeline events & message info properties
Setting Event Notifications to 'Timeline events & message info properties' will:
- Create nine new HubSpot 'Message Received' contact properties in your HubSpot account
- Create nine new HubSpot 'Message Sent' contact properties in your HubSpot account
- Create a timeline event on the Contact record any time a message is sent or received
The new properties will be updated each time you send and receive a new text message.
Inbound message info properties
Setting Event Notifications to 'Inbound message info properties' creates the same nine 'Message Received' HubSpot contact properties.
- Message Sent properties are not created
- Timeline events will not be created
The Message Received properties will be updated each time you receive a new text message.
No event notifications
Neither the contact properties nor timeline events will be updated when you receive a new text message.
|Message Received At
|Message Received Body
|Hello, this is a customer reply message example.
|Message Received Destination
|Message Received Error
|Message Received ID
|Message Received Price
|Message Received Segments
|Message Received Status
|Message Received Type
plus the equivalent Message Sent properties.
How can I use the new HubSpot properties?
The new contact properties in HubSpot can be used in various ways, including HubSpot dashboard reporting, as a workflow trigger, or in workflow actions.
Make Sakari SMS events visible on the Contact record
If you have selected 'Timeline events & message info properties', you must make the Sakari SMS events visible on the Contact record.
- In HubSpot, navigate to any contact record
- Click the Filter activity link in the top menu.
- Ensure the Sakari SMS option is turned on under Integrations.