Create a New Campaign
Go to the Campaigns section of the dashboard and click 'Create Campaign'.
You'll be presented with a pop-out which shows the five stages of creating a campaign: Campaign Details, Contacts, Conditions, Messaging, and Schedule
- Name - give your campaign a name
- Description - add more detail about the campaign. This could include the purpose, the recipients or the timing, or all or none of the above!
- Select a Group - all numbers in your Sakari account will have their own Group. Select the Group in your Sakari account that contains the number you want to send from
To select contacts to be targeted by this campaign, you can Select List or Upload a CSV
The Select List dropdown will contain all the lists of contacts that have been created in Sakari.
For more information on how to add and manage lists, please see this article.
Upload a CSV
The file needs to have a minimum of the following two mandatory columns:
- Mobile: the phone number you wish to send the message to.
- Country: the 2-character country code of the number you wish to send the message to (e.g. if you are sending to an American number, type "US")
Please check the following before uploading your CSV file:
- Make sure you're uploading a CSV (not XLS or XLSX) file
- Make sure your field header names have no spaces
- Make sure you include a country code column with the ISO 2 country code for each row (e.g. US, CA, GB etc.)
When uploading a CSV, make sure you map your columns utilizing the drop down menu below.
This mapping is important for any dynamic fields (custom attributes) that you may want inserted in your message text.
Conditions allow you to filter your chosen contacts by additional criteria. Any conditions selected here will be exclusive to the configured campaign.
To add a condition, click '+ Add Filter'
You can filter by any attribute configured in Contacts, for example (default attributes):
- First name
- Last name
- Mobile number
- Email address
For each condition, you can apply an operator (equals, does not equal) for each value you intend to filter on. Within each condition, you can further granulate the filter by adding an " +OR" function.
More conditions (to filter on additional attributes) can be added in conjunction with existing conditions by clicking "+ AND"
Use the trash can icon to remove conditions.
From the Messaging section, you can create your message.
1. Insert a template - save time by using a pre-prepared message. For how to create templates in advance, please see this article.
2. Insert an image to create a multimedia message (MMS)
Supported image formats are: .jpg, .png, gif. The recommended image file size is no more than 500kb (up to 600kb for US/CA local phone numbers). For more information on MMS, please see this article.
3. Insert a short link - convert a long link to a supported short-link to help save on messaging cost and improve deliverability
4. Insert contact attributes - use tokens based on available contact attributes to personalise your message to each recipient
5. AI Assistant - describe the message you need and let our AI assistant come up with up to 3 different examples for you to choose from
As you create your message you'll see the character and segment count rise and fall to help you understand the potential cost of sending your campaign.
From here, you can configure your campaign execution timing
Scheduled Campaign / Frequency
Choose one of the options and utilize the date pickers to for:
On Demand (formerly Manual and File Upload)
Configuring your campaigns as On Demand will allow you to execute these campaigns manually