Using the HubSpot integration with Sakari, you can send and receive SMS messages directly from your HubSpot account. You can automatically trigger personalized message templates using workflows, send individual messages to any contact and view and respond to contacts responses. All activity is tracked and recorded on the contacts timeline.
Connecting HubSpot to Sakari
- Log in to your Sakari account at https://sakari.io
- In the left navigation, go to Integrations > Marketplace
- Find the HubSpot integration click View and Add
- Now you'll connect your HubSpot account. Click the account that you want to connect to your Sakari SMS account.
- Now you need to grant permissions for Sakari to sync with HubSpot. Click the "Choose Account" button in the lower left.
- Now we've connected Sakari and HubSpot. Sakari has quite a few integration customization options with HubSpot.
This will define how data is pushed back to HubSpot when messages are sent or received. Create a timeline event and/or update contact properties when a new message is sent or received
- Timeline events & message info properties [Recommended] - this will populate the contact received message properties and additionally create HubSpot contact timeline events when messages are sent and received.
- Inbound message info properties only - this will send all received text message to nine HubSpot contact attributes that can be used for reporting and workflows.
- No event notifications - this will disable all timeline events and creation of HubSpot received SMS contact properties.
Mobile Phone Property
This will determine which phone number field in HubSpot Sakari is listening for to send your text messages to. There are two default phone number fields in HubSpot: "Phone Number" and "Mobile Phone Number." Sakari can only only recognize a single phone number with each contact to send text messages against. You need to select what is the preferred phone number field to use for sending text messages.
You have four options:
- Mobile Phone Number > Phone Number [Recommended]- Sakari will attempt to use the mobile phone number field for each contact first, if that field is null, the phone number field will be used.
- Phone Number > Mobile Phone Number - Sakari will attempt to use the phone number field for each contact first, if that field is null, the mobile phone number field will be used.
- Phone Number - Only the phone number field will be used to send text messages against. If this field is null, you will not be able to send any text messages with the contact.
- Mobile Phone Number - Only the mobile phone number field will be used to send text messages against. If this field is null, you will not be able to send any text messages with the contact.
Create New Contacts in HubSpot
When an unknown phone number sends a text to your dedicated phone number, this will create a new contact record in HubSpot. This requires a dedicated number with Sakari.