Setting up the Sakari integration with HubSpot takes only a few minutes, and requires no coding.
Using the HubSpot integration with Sakari, you can send and receive SMS messages directly from your HubSpot account. You can automatically trigger personalized message templates using workflows, send individual messages to any contact and view and respond to contacts responses. All activity is tracked and recorded on the
[VIDEO] Getting Started with Connecting HubSpot to Sakari
Getting Started with Connecting HubSpot to Sakari
1. Log in to your Sakari account at https://hub.sakari.io
2. In the left navigation, go to Integrations > Hubspot
3. Click "Connect"
4. Now you'll connect your HubSpot account. Click the account that you want to connect to your Sakari SMS account.
5. Now you need to grant permissions to Sakari to sync with HubSpot. Click the "Grant access" button in the lower left.
6. Now we've connected Sakari and HubSpot. Sakari has quite a few integration customization options with HubSpot.
Timeline Events - Create a timeline event when a new message is received or sent. We recommend keeping this on.
Mobile Phone Property - Choose the property in HubSpot which contains the mobile number. You have a choice of your preferred phone number field mappings (see step #7 below for more information).
Contact Owner Can Send - the "Send SMS" button is disabled for all users except for the contact owner.
- Add last message received and sent info to HubSpot contact record - [OPTIONAL] this will send all sent and received text message to a series of HubSpot contact attributes that can be used for reporting and workflows.
Create New Contacts in HubSpot - When an unknown phone number sends a text to your dedicated phone number, this will create a new contact record in HubSpot. This requires a dedicated number with Sakari.
User Phone Mappings - Only display messages in Hubspot belonging to logged in user (requires dedicated numbers per user).
User Notifications - Send an email notification when a response is received to the user associated with the dedicated number
7. Now we need to decide what field should be used in HubSpot to identify the contacts mobile phone number.
There are two default phone number fields in HubSpot: "Phone Number" and "Mobile Phone Number." Sakari can only only recognize a single phone number with each contact to send text messages against. You need to select what is the preferred phone number field to use for sending text messages.
You have your choice of selecting:
- Phone Number - Only the phone number field will be used to send text messages against. If this field is null, you will not be able to send any text messages with the contact.
- Mobile Phone Number - Only the mobile phone number field will be used to send text messages against. If this field is null, you will not be able to send any text messages with the contact.
- Phone Number > Mobile Phone Number - Sakari will attempt to use the phone number field for each contact first, if that field is null, the mobile phone number field will be used.
- Mobile Phone Number > Phone Number - Sakari will attempt to use the mobile phone number field for each contact first, if that field is null, the phone number field will be used.
Select your preferred field and click "SAVE."
Phone number mapping in Sakari
Phone number and Mobile phone number fields in HubSpot
8. Now we need to do a one-time sync to pull in your contacts from HubSpot in to Sakari. Going forward, these updates will happen automatically whenever a contact is added, removed or updated (assuming you've left these options on, as noted in step #6).
Click the blue "Synchronize" button.
A popup will appear, click the "Confirm" button to begin the synchronization. After the synchronization is complete, you'll receive an email. This may take a few minutes, depending on the number of contacts you have.
9. You're done! You've connected your Sakari account to HubSpot and you've synced all of your existing contacts to Sakari.