What this integration does
The Sakari Intercom integration allows you to:
- Get notified via a text message when a new Intercom chat is created on your website
- Have two-way text messaging conversations with your Intercom contacts via the Intercom conversation inbox
How to setup the Intercom integration
1. Log in to your Sakari account at https://hub.sakari.io
2. In the left navigation go to Integrations > Intercom
3. Click the red Connect button.
4. Confirm the integration between Intercom and Sakari SMS. Click the green Authorize Access button.
5. Now we're ready to configure the integration. There are three configuration setup options:
- Mobile Phone Numbers of Users to send notifications to - The numbers that should receive the text message. These should be in the E.164 format and multiple numbers should be comma delimited. For example: +14151234567,+441708869933
- Send SMS when user replies - This will toggle on if you want to receive a text message when a reply chat is received (a chat message beyond the initial chat)
- Minimum delay before sending next SMS notification - this will define how frequently you'll receive a text message. Selecting "Send after 10 minutes" will trigger a new text message if a reply is received after a 10 minute period of no chat activity.
- Create conversations in Intercom on inbound SMS - this will allow your Intercom contacts to send a text message to your Sakari dedicated phone number. This will then create an Intercom conversation in your Inbox. When you reply, it will be received as a text message to your contact.
6. Click the blue Save button.
7. You're done! Your Intercom and Sakari integration is complete.