Using the Sakari Slack integration, you will be able to:
- Receive a Slack notification anytime a new text message is received
- Respond to text messages in Slack
- Initiate a new text message conversation directly from Slack
- Define by each phone number group what Slack channel should be notified
Setting Up Your Slack Integration
- Log in to your Sakari account at https://sakari.io
- In the left navigation, go to Integrations > Marketplace
- Find the Slack integration click View and Add
- Connect your Slack instance
- Select each phone number group and what Slack Channel should be notified when a text message is received
Using the Sakari-Slack Integration
You can now keep track of which messages have been replied to directly inside of Slack. A green checkmark will indicate that the Sakari SMS message has received a response, helping you avoid any communication gaps.
Responding to Messages
Inside of Slack, click Reply on the message you want to respond to.
Type in your reply and press Send.
A green checkmark will pop up that indicates the message has received a response.
With the new Sakari Slack integration you will be able to define more granular rules on which Slack channels should be notified when a new text message is received. The rules are defined based on Sakari phone number groups.
How to Set Up Slack Group Notifications
- Make sure you have enabled phone number groups in Sakari. You need to be a member of each phone number group to set up communication preferences.
- Go to Integrations and select your Slack integration
- Click + Add another
- Set the group that you notifications for, and the Slack channel where you want to receive that notification
- Click Save