The most common Sakari message status types and error codes
When a text message is sent in Sakari, it moves through a series of messages status states.
Message Status Types
There are four main message status types in Sakari.
- Sent - the message has been sent to the carrier
- Delivered - the carrier has confirmed delivery to the mobile phone handset (not all carriers provide this detail)
- Received - this is an inbound (reply) to your message
- Error - the message has errored. You can view a list of the most common error codes below.
- Invalid - your contact has invalid information (e.g. an invalid phone number)
Message Error Codes
Some of the most common error codes are:
- ACCT-018 - Account information used to populate anti spam page has not been setup (this is specific to Canada only)
- MSG-001 - Unable to find an available phone number
- MSG-006 - Unknown provider error
- MSG-008 - Message marked as SPAM by carrier
- MSG-009 - Message prohibited by carrier
- MSG-019 - Undelivered - handset was unreachable, the number was a landline, or the carrier blocked the content
- MSG-020 - Number is a landline and can not accept messages
- MSG-024 - Message appears to be a duplicate
- MSG-025 - Unknown provider error
- MSG-026 - The message timed out, either the recipient was out of range, their phone was off or the message was unable to be delivered due to a network outage or other connectivity issue.
- CONT-001 - Invalid mobile number
- CONT-010 - Contact has requested no further communication
- CONT-012 - Destination number not reachable
- CONT-014 - Number is not capable of receiving SMS