- Company Name
- Company mailing address
- Primary contact name
- Primary contact phone number
- Support email address
- Support toll-free phone number
- Company Tax ID
Short Code Use Case
1. What is the name of the short code campaign?
2. What is the website of the service that will be using the short code?
3. How is the short code planning on being used (select one)?
- Promotions and Marketing
- Location-based Services
- Info on demand
- Group chat
- Two-factor Authentication
- Polling and Surveys
4. Which ways can a user sign up to receive messages from the short code?
- Signing up by sending a text message to the short code
- Signing up on a website or mobile application.
- A user can sign up another way
5. What frequency will users receive text messages from the short code
- Quantity (1-10)
- Frequency (select one)
6. Will the short code be used for any of the following?
Sweepstakes or contests
- Promotions or marketing for businesses other than your own
Carrier Requirements for User Sign Ups
Signups Via a Website
1. How does a user learn to sign up by website?
This is the text you use on your website, printed materials and anywhere else.
2. How does a user sign up by website?
Here is a sample sign up process:
- User goes to my website
- User creates an account or logs in
- User selects type of notifications they would like to receive
- User enters their mobile phone number
- User agrees to terms and conditions
- User receives a welcome message from my short code
Mobile carriers require a verification message be sent when a user signs up by website. This confirms the mobile device belongs to the user.
Here is a sample flow:
From Your Short Code: Text YES to join Sakari Test alerts. 4 msgs/month. Msg&data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel.
From User: YES
From Your Short Code: Thanks for joining Sakari Test alerts! 4 msgs/month. Msg&data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel.
Signups via a mobile phone
1. How does a user learn to sign up by text message?
2. What does a user send to sign up by text message?
Mobile carriers require a confirmation message when a user signs up by text message. This confirms the mobile device belongs to the user.
Your User: JOIN
From Your Short Code: Reply YES to receive <Name of Short Code>. Msg&data rates may apply. <Message Frequency>. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel.
Your User: YES
Help and Stop Messages
1. What will the response be when a user asks for HELP?
Your User: HELP
From Your Short Code: <Name of Short Code> alerts. More help at <Company Website> or <Support Phone Number> . <Message Frequency>. Msg&Data rates may apply. Reply STOP to cancel.
2. What will the response be when a user asks to opt out of receiving messages from the short code?
Your User: STOP
From Your Short Code: You are unsubscribed from <Name of Short Code> alerts. No more messages will be sent. Reply HELP for help or <Support Email>.
3. Carrier requirements for reminder messages
From Your Short Code: Reminder: You are subscribed to <Name of Short Code> alerts. Msg&Data rates may apply. <Message Frequency>. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel.
What are examples of messages the short code will send?
- Example message #1
- Example message #2
- Example message #3