Create a campaign in Sakari for sending to a specific set of contacts in a CSV file.
Prepare your CSV file to upload.
The file needs to have a minimum of the following two mandatory columns:
- Mobile: the phone number you wish to send the message to.
- Country: the 2-character country code of the number you wish to send the message to (e.g. if you are sending to an American number, type "US")
You can add any number of additional columns you like. Each of these columns will be a field that can be used for personalizing the message.
Some common mistakes we see with the file upload campaigns:
- Make sure you're uploading a CSV (not XLS or XLSX) file
- Make sure your field header names have no spaces
- Make sure you include a country code column with the ISO 2 country code for each row (e.g. US, CA, GB etc.)
Select Create Campaign from the left navigation.
Select the "File Upload" campaign type.
The campaign interface is broken out to six sections:
- General - define the campaign name, the description (optional) and the messaging type
- File Upload - upload your file to map your fields
- Field Mapping - map your data columns
- Design Template - configure the message that will be sent to your contacts
- Reporting - select to receive a message summary report by email after a delay
- Summary - an overview of your CSV upload campaign
Field mapping - File upload
Click the "Field Mapping" button and upload your CSV data file.
Field mapping - Data column mapping
You'll be shown an example of one of your contacts. USe the drop-down fields to ensure the Columns in your sheet match up to the required Properties in Sakari.
Generate your messaging template. You can use an existing template, edit an existing template, or create a new template. You can use the tokens listed to personalise and customise your message. Click on them to insert them into the text.
Select your message reporting. You can choose to have no report, or have a campaign message report automatically sent by email after a minute/hour/day delay of your choice.
You've now created your file upload campaign template. No messages will be sent until you execute the campaign.
Find your campaign in the list in 'Campaigns' in the Dashboard.
Execute your campaign by clicking the blue "play" button.
You'll be asked to upload a CSV file again. Your messages will be sent to the contacts in this file.
At this point (as long as the columns are the same) you can add a new file with more contacts.